Krystal Jenness, PT
Krystal received her Bachelors of Science Degree in Physical Therapy at the University of Vermont in 1977. She has done extensive PT work in the field of ergonomics and injury prevention with a special emphasis on back care. Krystal is experienced in writing ADA job descriptions and doing ergonomic evaluations in the workplace. She has also published in this field as noted below:
1. Laflin, KR: Fillyaw MJ - 1990 - Medical Center of Vermont. Poster presentation was done at APTA National Conference 1990. Comparison of informal and formal education methods used to improve knowledge of back anatomy and function in a work hardening program.
2. “Efficacy of a Part-Time Work Hardening Program”. (Moffroid, MD; Aja, D; Laflin, K; Henry, S; Huage, LD). Published in Work Journal Summer 1993. Poster presentation at APTA Conference 1991.
3. Laflin, KR; Aja, D; (1995). Lifting Concerns in Health Care: An Inside Look at Intervention Strategies, American Journal of Occupational Therapy, Vol. 49, January 1995.
4. Laflin, KR; Aja, D; Banasiak, NA. “Development of A Post-Offer Screening Protocol for Patient Support Services, American Journal of Occupational Therapy, Vol. 51, No. 10, November 1997.
5. Aja D; Laflin, KR. Chapter on Lifting assessment in the book, Ergonomics for Therapists. 1999
Krystal has a passion for PT as well as the outdoors. When not working she enjoys horseback riding and spending time maintaining her woods.
Melissa Laflin, PT, DPT, ATC
Melissa graduated from the University of Vermont in 2014 with a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. Melissa has a special interest in sports rehabilitation.
Prior to her studies in Physical Therapy Melissa graduated with her Bachelors of Science in Athletic Training in 2010. While an undergraduate she worked with college and high school level athletes in a variety of sports along with participating in data collection for an ACL risk factor study conducted at the University of Vermont.
In 2006 Melissa received her associates in massage therapy from the Community College of Vermont and in 2007 completed the 200+ hours of Vodder training to become certified in Complex Decongestive Therapy techniques. She uses these skills at Fairfax Family Physical Therapy, PC in the management and treatment of orthopedic and athletic injuries.
Casey D' Alberto, PT, DPT
Casey graduated from the University of Vermont in 2019 with a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. During her studies she had special interest in Vermont Stay Steady, Volunteered for Vermont Sled Cats, St. Albans accessible playground project, and USMS Swimming Saves lives.
Prior to this, she graduated from Hobart and William Smith College in 2013 with a Bachelor ofScience in Biology and achieved the honors of Summa Cum Laude. She was also a four-year NCAA Division III Swimmer.
Casey has experience working in research looking at how the brain changes after a stroke and
has special interest in exercise and its positive effect on the brain after injury. Casey is also a
graduate of the VT LEND program from UVM’s College of Medicine which provides training to healthcare professionals focused on patient and family centered care.
Casey is a lifelong swimmer and skier and loves to stay active in all of Vermont’s seasons with
her husband, Nick, and dog, Champ.
Faith is the office manager at Fairfax Family Physical Therapy, PC. She has been with the practice since 2007 and works 3 days a week. Faith is available to help with all your insurance questions. She is an invaluable asset to Fairfax Family Physical Therapy. Faith graduated from BFA academy St. Albans in 1991. She has completed course work at the University of Vermont and Community College of Vermont with over 100 credit hours in the allied health and business.
Faith enjoys spending her free time with her animals.
Briana holds an Associates Degree in Business Management. She is the owner and operator of Precision Medical Transcription (PMT) for 18 years. Prior to this, she worked as an office manager in a physical therapy clinic for 7 years. Briana joined the team at Fairfax Family Physical Therapy in August 2016. She works part-time as an office administrator. She and her husband moved to Fairfax in 1995. She is the proud mother of 2 children. She is an avid enthusiast of her children’s sporting events. In her free time, she enjoys being outside with her husband and their dog.
On the job!